Friday, March 30, 2007

Iced Velvet


This has to be one of my favourite necklaces. I actually started making this way before Christmas, but it just wasn't coming together right. So I saved all the bits and forgot about it. I was looking through my work in progress folder last week (where I save all my experiments and current projects) and pulled it out again. After a bit of rearranging and tweaking, I ended up with something I'm now really, really happy with :)

'Iced Velvet' is an unusual square linked necklace, with cube beads along it's length. Anyone in my update group may have seen a plea I posted asking for help naming this set - I have terrible trouble coming up with names for things! Anyway, I got some wonderful suggestions, and 'Iced Velvet' from Persian Chevalier just seemed to fit perfectly :)

It comes in both gunmetal and silver, in the 7 colours shown on the poster. The gunmetal looks more casual... silver more dressy ... I love both looks though! Here's the silver/wine pic for comparison:


See? more delicate and dressy :) (I think I get waaay too involved in these things!)

Again, available inworld at my Gisborne store, on SLX, and SLB as soon as I've updated it.

No comments: