Thursday, August 07, 2008

Hey, remember me?

This blog's been quite for a while, huh? So, a quick update - round about January time, a few things happened which killed my desire to be in SL. My partner left (for RL reasons), I got a new RL job which takes up huge amounts of time, and I got myself addicted to EVE Online *sheepish grin* (BTW, if you play, say hi to Amirylla, that's me! And don't shoot me please!)

The past couple of months I've been flitting in and out of SL, not really achieving much. Mostly shopping and freebie hunting. My inventory is soon going to implode, I just know it. I'd been participating in a thread on SLUniverse called 'Show your style', where we just took pics of whatever outfit we were wearing that day, and where to buy all the bits. From that, I got contacted by Tenshi Vielle, and asked to do pretty much the same kind of posts on her & Iris's blog, Shopping Cart Disco. I've now done a couple of posts there, and it's much fun :) But the urge to create is back (plus I need funds for shopping!)

Also, I've been slowly learning how to make sculpties, and bake textures. I got hold of an old copy of Maya from a work colleague, and I've been happily spending hours playing with nurbs and shaders. I'm still a novice, but I'm learning! And I've come up with one bead texture that I'm really happy with (more on that in another post :)

Finally.. I opened a new store in the Fuzzy sim. If you haven't been there, it's a fantastic cute shopping sim, with lots of little boutiques to browse. It's run by the wonderful Popfuzz, who I had the pleasure of meeting when I rented the spot. We chatted for ages, and she showered me with gifts... I feel loved! lol

Anyway, there we go. A potted update. I'm back. Yay.

No comments: