Friday, October 13, 2006

Back to basics!


I've decided that I don't have enough 'one-off' pieces in my store. By this I mean things that aren't part of a set (y'know, matching necklace, earrings, bracelet, ring, ankle chain, belly ring and god knows what else). So I'm going to make some basic individual bits 'n' pieces, whatever takes my fancy. I'd really like to say I'm doing a Twiddler with his 31 Do's in 31 Days, but there is no way I'd manage an item a day!

So here's the first. I started with a ring, because I loooove rings in RL, a girl can never have enough rings! I've called this one 'Starburst', it will be available in gold & silver, and in er.. (*switches back to SL to count*).. 10 different stones. Pics on the left show Silver/Ruby and Gold/Aquamarine.


I always wonder about adding bling scripts. I hate the uber-in-your-face bling with a passion (oh, my eyeballs!), but a nice little twinkle every now and again is pretty. Even that though, after a while, bugs the hell out of me (what can I say, my novelty threshold is way low!). I'm also adverse to adding 'bling on/off' commands, because they inevitably use llListen calls, which never are never good for lag. So I compromise, and stick two versions in the boxes, one bling, one without. Is that the best option? I dunno. Any thoughts out there?


Anyway... the first rings are done (minus boxes and packaging). I don't know whether to wait and have a massive blow-out of an update in, say a week's time, or just put them out as they get done. I'll think about it.

No comments: