Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Randoms

Housework sucks. Whether it's in RL or SL. I spent most of my time yesterday rearranging the Butsu store so that I have more wall space. It looks a lot more organised now, so I'm glad I did it, but boy, was it tedious! And on top of that I updated the notecards in over 100 boxes... *yawns*

I had a strange IM overnight. Someone wants to open a jewellery store, and wants to purchase some of his inventory from me. I'm not sure what to make of that. I do all the hard work, then you make the profits? um... no thanks! I kind of understand he's thinking like the RL model - you open a store, trot down to the wholesalers and pick up boxes of whatever... but in SL, once you have something, you can sell as many as you like forever. I really don't like the idea of someone else having full permission copies of my stuff (bar one or two trusted friends, of course :)

I've also had a couple of folders of photos from models looking for work. One looked very slick and professional, the other, well, didn't :P Either way, I don't tend to use models for my ads or box pics, partly because I work odd hours (I'm most active around 2-6am SL time), partly because I tend to do things like that on a whim, and partly so I can control everything about the picture. So I'm a control freak, bite me :P

My BLOTTD (Big List Of Things To Do, thank you Lindens!) is growing bigger by the day. I've ideas for a wedding range (opals, moonstones and diamonds!), more necklaces, rings & earrings, plus several items that have been sitting half-finished in my black hole of an inventory for months. I've also got some unreleased furniture that I want to make better anims for (I haven't touched Poser for ages!). I did try making hair a little while ago, I don't think it's good enough for public release though! *grins* I want to redo the textures to add more shine; it's also got some serious alpha issues. Shame, coz I love the feathery look alpha textures give. It will get redesigned at some point in the future!

So, today is update day again. We won't be getting web profiles this release (see here) which is a shame, it's the first 'shiny' in a long time that I've been looking forward to. Still, it's good that LL are finally realising that releasing features before they are ready is not a clever thing to do.

Enough rambling, I'm off to go build!

No comments: